Financial Market Development Strategy
Russian Financial Market Development Program
Main goals, principles and areas of the policy for the development of the financial market as well as key tasks to be solved by the Bank of Russia together with the Government of the Russian Federation.
When developing and implementing measures to develop the financial market, the Bank of Russia actively interacts with professional and expert community.
In order to quickly adjust plans and take into account dynamic changes that occur in the financial market, the Program is issued annually for coming 3 years.
Taking into account current trends as well as challenges and opportunities for the financial market, the Bank of Russia together with the Government of the Russian Federation will promote its development over the medium-term horizon, working in the following key directions:
- improving the security of financial consumers and investors and increasing financial literacy;
- support of digitalisation;
- enhancement of financial inclusion for households and businesses;
- promoting competition in the financial market;
- ensuring financial stability;
- expanding the contribution of the financial market to the achievement of sustainable development goals and ESG transformation of Russian business;
- development of long money (long-term financing);
- development of the financial market sectors regulation.